- Early Access
This is our major Early Access update for August. It includes a variety of new game features and bug-fixes. If you want to read more about some of the features included, you can read our preview blog post.
Gameplay & Performance
- Implemented shadow caching, which hopefully improves performance. The dynamic shadow mode will return later as a toggleable option.
- Added a new car, “Truck”.
- Added two new tracks, “Rampster” and “Tachren”.
- Made changes to how the cars respond to steering inputs to improve their stability.
- Adjusted the braking torque across all cars.
- Adjusted the grip of cars on mud.
- Lowered the General’s centre of gravity.
- Various small improvements have been made to the AI, particularly improving their ability to handle tight turns.
- Driving through a bush now has a slowing effect.
- Improved the way the AI handle pit-lanes and the AI pit line.
- Improved the performance of the AI and car physics code.
- Improved the feel of car collisions in a variety of situations.
- Implemented some basic Steam Achievements.
- Pit-crew will now start working on the car’s tyres slightly more quickly.
- The method of applying wheel damage has been updated to be more consistent.
- Moderna has been updated slightly to improve the height map in Turn 2.
- FIXED: Cars now have grip calculated correctly on steep slopes.
- FIXED: Players who are “timed out” at the race end, now are correctly awarded points.
- FIXED: Skidmarks now clear correctly when the end-of-race replay loops.
- FIXED: The jack-man of the pit-crew no longer has a death wish.
- FIXED: The game will no longer crash when leaving a skidmark against the top wall of the terrain.
- Implemented some prospective fixes for the default Steam Deck controller config.
- Improved the functionality of the follow camera, including improving its “elasticity”.
- Added Russian language localisation (thanks to Paul Kozlovitch).
- Added French language localisation (thanks to Aurélien Folley).
- Adjusted the tyre wear and fuel usage scaling to range from 0-200%.
- Re-enabled driver blocks showing for AI drivers. A toggle for this option will be coming in future.
- FIXED: Characters in the Turkish translation should now all be rendered in the correct font.
- FIXED: Driver block flags are now correct in all circumstances.
- Added a new object, “Flagpole”.
- Added a new object, “Logs”.
- Added a new object, “Dead Tree”.
- Added a new object, “Container”.
- Added a new object, “Round Booth”.
- Added a new object, “House 2”.
- Added “tree stump” variants for all tree types.
- Added the ability to force a Workshop upload to be made as a new track. Please Note: this will overwrite the Workshop ID stored in the track file, so you will not be able to update the previous track, unless you have saved a copy of the track beforehand.
- FIXED: Object placement tool in “line” mode, no longer has variable spacing depending on drag speed.
- FIXED: Multiple GR1-imported objects now import at their correct rotations.
- FIXED: Blue cones in GR1 tracks, are now correctly imported as blue cones.
- FIXED: AI line edge flags are now correctly generated on GR1 imports.
- FIXED: The height maps of GR1 tracks now import more accurately.
- FIXED: The rope parameter no longer applies to the single object rotation.
- FIXED: An armco barrier no longer gets placed in the bottom-left corner of the track.
- FIXED: The height map overlay no longer shows in screenshots if it was active when saving a track.
- The main menu sometimes experiences distortions or other rendering issues - changing resolution, or restarting the game may rectify the issue.
- Occasionally, when in Windowed mode, changing the language multiple times in quick succession can shrink the game window.