If you work for the gaming press - please get in touch.
- Developer: Curious Chicken Games (Jyväskylä, Finland)
- Release Date: 30th May 2023 (Steam Early Access)
- Platforms: Steam PC/Linux
- Website: https://gene-rally2.com
- Price: 14,99 EUR / 14.99 USD / 12.99 GBP (at Early Access launch)
GeneRally 2 is a friendly top-down arcade racing game for up-to eight players with an easy-to-use, built-in track editor. This project is also the sequel to the 2002 classic, GeneRally - one of the most played arcade racing games of all time! Have fun racing alone against the AI; with your friends in “no split-screen necessary” couch PvP; or try your hand at creating tracks and sharing them with the world!
About Curious Chicken Games
Curious Chicken Games is a small team from Finland, founded in 2011. Our founders took over ownership, maintenance and development of the popular freeware top-down arcade racing game, GeneRally, in 2010 - and alongside that, began thinking about building upon its success. GeneRally 2 has been in part-time development for years, and in full-time development by a team of 5 since 2022. It is the culmination of those years of experience and dreaming about bringing a well-loved game into a new era!
- Experience a wide variety of fun and interesting tracks created by us, by the GeneRally 2 community - or make the perfect track for you in our track editor. With 43 objects (and more being added all the time); 12 different surface types (from dirt and gravel, to snow and ice); and a feature-packed terrain-editing tool - the only limit is your imagination! Upload your creations to Steam Workshop and share them with the world.
- Race against the clock (and the ghost car) in time-trial; against the AI; or with friends in couch PvP (online multiplayer coming during Early Access). There’s no need for split screen - the whole track is visible at once - so grab your friends and family, and get racing! Compete in single races, or see who’s victorious over multiple races in championship mode. Up to 8 players can play together on the same computer.
- Customise your car and stand out from the crowd - adjust the colours and paint scheme for you and every car in the race.
- Detailed car physics take account of many different real-world parameters like drive-train type (FWD/RWD/AWD), suspension travel/rebound, weight distribution and more! The cars are easy-to-learn but hard-to-master, based on a realistic physics simulation.
- Plan your pitstops and manage your fuel, tyre wear and damage over the course of the race - or turn all of those off and enjoy unlimited ability to run your friends off the road!
- With a variety of different cars (5 at launch, more coming later), each with their own unique performance and handling characteristics, there’s never a dull moment.
- Tweak the AI opponents for closer racing - choose between multiple driving style “profiles” and adjust their skill level to battle for victory.
May 2023 - Early Access Announcement Trailer - YouTube
December 2022 - Wishlist Announcement Trailer - YouTube
Download these logos as a .zip (174KB)