- Early Access
This is our major Early Access update for July. It includes a variety of new game features, including support for importing tracks from GeneRally 1. If you want to read more about some of the features included, you can read our preview blog post.
PLEASE NOTE: The quality of imported GeneRally 1 tracks varies depending on a variety of factors including object count and usage, track design, land-map style, etc. In many cases, importing the track into the Track Editor and making suitable upgrades will be the best path forward!
Gameplay & Performance
- Added support for loading GeneRally 1 tracks directly in-game, for play with 1-6 players (please note, tracks imported from GR1 will vary in quality, depending on a variety of factors).
- Adjusted the friction of soft walls to make them more friendly.
- Improved how the AI navigate to pit boxes.
- Updated all default tracks to make use of the new objects and camera settings.
- Implemented a zoomed “follow camera”, with customisable distance, to assist users with vision problems.
- Improved the steering behaviour of the Formula.
- FIXED: Cars should no longer bounce weirdly when landing.
- Reworked the visual appearance of the in-game UI - offering two themes (“Light” and “Dark”, selectable in the Options menu).
- Added a “finished” flag to each driver that has crossed the line for the final time.
- Added last lap, and fastest lap to each driver block.
- Driver blocks now only show for players, not AI.
- Improved the performance of the in-race UI in general.
- When adding a driver to a race, it will use the same car type as the previous driver in the list.
- Added localisation support, initially supporting: English, Finnish, Spanish, Portuguese and Turkish.
- FIXED: Lapped cars crossing the finish line at the end of the race no longer have an incorrect position.
- Added support for importing GeneRally 1 tracks into the Editor.
- Added a new “object variant” system, which allows for objects to have various, selectable appearances.
- Reworked the object selection menu to be more compact and easy-to-navigate.
- Updated the model for the Gate (and renamed it to Gantry).
- Updated the model for the House (base colour adjustment).
- Updated the models for the Flat Bridge and Humped Bridge.
- Added a new object, “Gate”.
- Added a new object, “Ramp”.
- Added a new object, “Hay Bale (Round)” in two orientations.
- Added variants for the following objects: all office blocks; sunk tyre; pedestrian bridge; road cone; soft wall; traffic sign; house; flat bridge; humped bridge; hay bale (round).
- Added a new track property: “camera height”.
- FIXED: The person object no longer has a large selection radius that makes it difficult to select nearby objects.
- The main menu sometimes experiences distortions or other rendering issues - changing resolution, or restarting the game may rectify the issue.
- Shadows may flicker on certain systems when using the follow camera mode. This will be rectified in a future patch.
- Some text in some places may not be localised.
- Occasionally, when in Windowed mode, changing the language multiple times in quick succession can shrink the game window.