Early Access Launch Date
GeneRally 2 will be launching on Steam Early Access on the 30th of May 2023!
With the launch date being a little under three weeks away, we’re getting excited! We hope that what we launch into Early Access is something you want to play and support.
What does “Early Access” Mean?
Early Access is a way for us to get GeneRally 2 into your hands earlier, and receive valuable feedback from you, whilst continuing to develop the game further! We’ll be offering GeneRally 2 at a reduced price during Early Access, with the price rising as we add major features (like online multiplayer), and we’ll be keeping a close eye on the feedback from players to guide the direction of development.
Rest assured, what we’re launching into Early Access is a game that has all the fundamental features and systems in place - and can be enjoyed as-is (as many of you found out from the demo earlier in the year).
What does the game have at the start of Early Access?
- 5x Cars: Rally, Classic, Formula, General and one more.
- 14x Tracks: 10 all-new tracks - and 4 classics reimagined (by TuomoH).
- Track Editor: Create your tracks, and upload them via Steam Workshop.
- Up to 8 drivers (any mix of local players and AI drivers).
- Support for Steam Remote Play.
- The Cars of GR2 Early Access.
- Car Physics.
- Track Editor: Introduction, Painting Tools, Manual.
How will the game change during Early Access?
We’ll publish a more detailed Early Access roadmap between now and the launch date. But here’s a minimum set of things we expect to add or improve over the course of the Early Access period:
- Online multiplayer.
- More cars.
- More tracks.
- More advanced AI behaviour and AI customisations.
- New objects for the Track Editor.
- Save games & replays.
If you want to keep up-to-date on our roadmap, you can visit the public roadmap.
How much will GeneRally 2 cost during Early Access?
GeneRally 2 will be 14,99 EUR / 14.99 USD / 12.99 GBP when launching into Early Access. As the game develops and gets closer to its full release, the price will increase.
How can I give feedback?
We’re keen to hear what you think of the game, and if you encounter any bugs or other issues! If you want to give feedback, you can do so by joining our Discord server.